Resolving financial matters can be one of the more challenging situations faced by people following relationship breakdown.
We have extensive experience advising and representing clients in relation to a broad range of family law financial matters; from amicable property settlements involving modest assets to contested disputes involving substantial business and private assets, complex financial arrangements, corporate and trust structures and offshore property.
We provide clear, strategic and commercial advice and representation. Where necessary, we work closely with other qualified professionals such as commercial lawyers, business valuers, forensic accountants, property valuers and private investigators to assist our clients manage and protect their position in negotiations and contested court proceedings.
Examples of recent cases that we have worked on include:
- Successfully obtaining interim orders forcing the sale of the matrimonial (family) home on the basis of the evidence that neither party was able to retain the property on a final basis.
- Acting on the settlement of a financial dispute involving the applicability of a prenuptial Binding Financial Agreement signed by the parties shortly before marriage.
- Acting for the applicant husband in contested financial proceedings in relation to the parties’ asset pool of approximately $120M involving corporate, trust and significant overseas real estate and business assets.
- Acting for the husband in the context of a collaborative family law settlement in which our client’s primary asset was a US foreign pension entitlement of approximately $1.5M that was divided between the parties pursuant to a Qualified Domestic Relations Order (in California) and Consent Orders (in Australia).
- Acting for the applicant wife following the breakdown of a long marriage in the context of an asset pool valued at approximately $500M constituted largely of significant real estate and property development holdings in Australia and overseas.
- Acting for the husband in a property settlement with his wife involving hotel, pub and property interests valued at $300M.
As a client of Boyce & Boyce, you will receive our dedicated focus and attention, regardless of what is at stake.
Our ultimate aim is to assist all our clients to resolve their financial settlements and disputes as quickly, commercially and cost-effectively as the circumstances will allow.